i love life, my family, creativity and adventure.
gratitude is my mantra!
How many people get the opportunity to do what they love? I am so grateful that I have found the thing that inspires me, fills me with joy and allows me to be my crazy, creative self.
For many years I worked as a teacher and then in the Non-Profit Sector, and although I loved what I was doing at the time, there was always something missing. I discovered what it was after a few traumatic events in my life.
I had a monumental AHA moment, when I realised that my enjoyment of life and my inner happiness was lacking, because I was always trying to please others. I had lost myself along the way and didn’t really know who I was. So, I decided to learn how to not give a shit so much about what others thought of me, I threw caution to the wind as I embarked on a journey to find myself and what it truly means to live.
Part of this journey brought me to writing.
I began writing by accident to process my trauma, and I discovered that I didn’t need to sit on a psychotherapists couch at $120 an hour to discover my feelings – writing is the best therapist I could ever have asked for and cheap too!
My books are a combination of adventure, fantasy and romance and are written for older teens and young adults. They are stories with heart and soul and address many themes that we face in life.
Writing brings me great joy, and the ability to transport myself to others worlds both real and imagined, has brought me great freedom, taught me to enjoy every moment of life and to love the process of creativity. It has also kept me sane as I have been Supermum to my own four kids and numerous foster kids (or rather, both writing and red wine has kept me sane).
some interesting, but random facts about me:
- I am the Tri-Nations in one. I was born in South Africa, became a New Zealand citizen and I currently live with my husband and four children in Victoria, Australia.
- Wanderlust is a part of my nature and travel fascinates me.
- I am a foster carer
- I am a hippie at heart.
- I love renovation and creating something new from something old.
- I am hiking the Camino De Santiago in March 2018 with my better half.
- I have a wicked sense of humour.
- I shout at people while I am driving, usually quite fast.
- I love chocolate, good coffee, wine, mountains and great sunsets.
- I also love adventure and you can read more about our journey to live more simply on our blog Simple Living, Big Adventures.
- I talk to myself – often!
- I am 50 but I feel like I’m 36.
- I know what it is like to suffer loss.
- I know what it is like to start over and reinvent myself – been there and done that – many times.
- I long to live in a tiny house one day.
- I believe in enjoying every minute of every day, that life is a precious gift.
- I was once a member of a cult.
- Everything I once believed has changed as I’ve gotten older.
I want to leave this world one day knowing I have contributed to it positively, showed acceptance to all people and loved deeply…. and hey, if I love the journey to that point, it would be AWESOME!!